[hackspacebristol] Instructable suggestions to start us off.... just suggestions...

Michelle Michelle at flaminglotus.com
Sun Apr 14 11:54:55 UTC 2013

Please jump in with your own.  May 6th is the suggested date at the moment
unless there is a conflict.  I can't do Tuesday that week.
*

Workshop useful*:
http://www.instructables.com/id/PET-Bottle-Cyclonic-Dust-Separator/

*Good first project for cute but not very useful.*
Cute, some LED soldering, some laser cutting and very simple Inkscape image
working.  We could have a good amount of the materials already in the
space:  http://www.instructables.com/id/Acrylic-flowers-of-SMD-LEDs/

*Maybe some helping hands?*  With a light?
http://www.instructables.com/id/Yet-another-third-hand-soldering-aid-with-some-n/

Tooo many things to choose from.....

*Copper etching*:  http://www.instructables.com/id/Electric-copper-etching/

OHHHH yea!  Bike lights are on my list anyway!  This one is for further
down the line.  Who has access to a sand blasting unit?
http://www.instructables.com/id/Cool-DIY-Bike-Light/

I have to stop looking!

Maybe a combination of this
http://www.instructables.com/id/Money-box-made-from-scrap-material/
and http://www.instructables.com/id/Laser-Cut-Acrylic-THINK-Desk-Sign/  to
produce a donations box that lights up with something cool that is laser
cut when someone donates........Noisebridge has a nice hot pink laser cut
donations box....lots of visitors won't get to signing up for regular
monthly payment.

I'd better get on with my day after spending a few fun hours looking at
Instructables.

Michelle
--
* *
**

*Bristol Mini Maker Faire: http://makerfairebristol.com/  Join us.*

My art discoveries, musings and work to provoke or tickle the mind:
http://urbandrift1.com <http://urbandrift1.wordpress.com/>

Making large scale fire and metal art with Flaming Lotus Girls
www.flaminglotus.com

We cannot discover new oceans until we have courage to lose sight of the
shore.