[hackspacebristol] Tools for algorithmic .stl file generation ?

adam armfield adamairmailed at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 7 09:08:57 UTC 2013

you can do this in blender - you'd write your equation in python, get to see what it looks like onscreen straight away, then export as stl

eg:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Extensions/Python/Geometry

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Tutorials/Extensions/Python/BSoD/Creating_Objects

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts#Add_Mesh_Scripts

at some point blender switched from using python 2.x to 3.x - there are slight syntax differences that may break old code - i think they did away with lambda too

All the best

Adam