[hackspacebristol] Hackspace access

Paul Maddox yo at vacoloco.net
Wed Feb 13 06:09:51 UTC 2013

The other alternative is to have some kind of rota to ensure at least one
person is there every day/night?
I'm a member and I don't mind not having a key, but I would like to come in
on different days/evenings. For example at the moment I finish work around
15:30 so I could be at the hackspace by 16:30, but I'm never sure if anyone
will be there, so I hang around until 7pm.

The "twitter VFD/is anyone there" project may go some way to resolving
that, but know there is someone there pretty much any day would be a huge
help, as people would feel they could come and go as they please.

Having an "opening up rota" may take a while to catch on, or it may not,
but is certainly cheaper than locks and might be worth a try first.

Just my thoughts :)

Paul