[hackspacebristol] Hackspace access

Barney Livingston barney at barnoid.org.uk
Wed Feb 13 12:19:22 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 13 Feb 2013 11:56:56 Alaric Snell-Pym wrote:
> On 02/13/2013 11:18 AM, Arthur Amarra wrote:
> > I'm sure we can find more secure methods of communicating a lock
> > combination than this mailing list so I won't be so quick to dismiss the
> > option of a combination lock.
>
> Give paid-up users a login (this will be useful for all sorts of other
> things in future, too, I'm sure) to a Web page that displays that week's
> combination. Part of the Thursday meetup is then the ritual of changing
> the combination.

Probably the ideal situation to be in regarding keys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkiX7R1-kaY&feature=player_detailpage#t=1072s
(I have a Noisebridge key. I recommend watching the rest of the talk for some
good inspiration.)

A combination lock could work too. We will also need a doorbell. We can
probably work out hacking together a doorbell between us.

This all becomes less of an issue when our membership gets big enough that
there's usually someone in the space.

Barney