[hackspacebristol] Hackspace access

adam armfield adamairmailed at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 12:22:13 UTC 2013

i'm guessing part of the idea of the rfid fob is that if there is any theft or similar at bv, the people who were in the building at the time can be more easily traced - it's a pretty reliable system in my view that would be compromised by fitting a combination lock on the end door - theft in art studios is common - poorly secured buildings often with expensive equipment inside - i doubt many of the tenants at bv are insured.

often during the day there are people trying the door and being a nuisance outside, a combination lock would be something else for them to play with - access control is one situation where fun hi tech solutions don't really make sense - i've seen too much theft at studios in bristol along with some of the dodgy places i used to work to think that this is a good idea.

All the best

Adam