[hackspacebristol] Another woodturning lathe available

Anton gubernagl at strangedevice.co.uk
Sun Feb 17 17:30:09 UTC 2013

On 17/02/13 17:04, matthew venn wrote:
> They come up fairly often.

Indeed, lathes are not difficult to obtain.

> My opinion is if Anton wants his one back and it's getting use by members, then we'll replace it.

This is a sensible point of view, I am not about to take mine away in the near future.

The big disadvantage of the Record lathe is that it has only 3 speeds. It also uses bronze bearings which can wear out.

I have a soft spot for old machinery though, and this lathe is quite a lovely thing :)

    Anton