[hackspacebristol] Maker Faire Ideas

Barney Livingston barney at barnoid.org.uk
Mon Jan 14 22:51:14 UTC 2013

Ideas!

>From my Maker Faire experience, noisy things need to be loud to be heard, and
there will be 3D printers all over the place, yes.

I like the floor turtles plan. I could help restore them. Perhaps we could do
the optical punch-card thing as a way of programming them. I'm picturing a
device that holds cards vertically with a motorised thing that moves along
them reading the punched holes. Could do simple loops for drawing polygons
etc.

I also like the zeppelin, controllable, with camera. Big screen on our stand
will bring in the punters.

I fully intend to bring Twitbeeb, and possibly another BBC/Raspberry Pi combo.

Depending on whether the National Museum of Computing are coming we should
definitely get a few or more exhibits from John's Museum of Computing. These
will need volunteers to mind them, demo, keep the stickier fingers off, etc.

We'll need to get some more marketing materials printed up, t-shirts, orange
plastic cogs etc.

Barney