[hackspacebristol] laser cutter

Katie Dumont hifromkatie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 12:00:24 UTC 2013

I would have thought just being toxic is the problem here, its that the
exhaust smoke is being outputted directly on to the pavement.

When walking out of the hackspace on a Thursday night you can smell the
smoke produced (When the exhaust hasn't been out of the window properly
we've had it in the room and could tell the air was smoky).
If for instance my dad was to walk past on the pavement(using him as an
example of a random member of the public) then it would probably/possibly
aggravate his asthma. Surely as a duty of care to the general public we as
a hackspace shouldn't be potentially causing people this problem?

Katie