[hackspacebristol] 3D printing: PLA smoothing

Ian Stratford ginjaian at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 23:41:54 UTC 2013

Someone was asking me today at the BV Studios open day (well done everyone,
by the way, everyone said we were the most fun room!) about
smoothing/sanding PLA parts. I think it was a lady that does casting in
G12, who was interested in lost PLA casting. I happened to find this this
evening:
http://www.protoparadigm.com/blog/2013/06/vapor-smoothing-and-polishing-pla-with-tetrahydrofuran-thf/

I used some of the old PLA (blue, green, black, transparent red,
transparent green) printing lots of small Minecraft creeper keyrings. I
gave most of them away, but there are a few left on top of the printer PC,
if anyone wants to pick one up.

Ian