[hackspacebristol] Need some advice about installing network cable in a new house

David Stewart captain.vice at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 10:07:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

Friends of mine are about to embark on construction of their own home and
have asked me about the best way to install network cable around the house.

My first rhought is to run a couple of cat 6 cables to each room through
the walls, all leading back to a hub/switch somewhere central in the new
house. Maybe get some wall plates to keep everything tidy.

Is this a good approach ? I'd really welcome any suggestions on the best
way to proceed (or what to avoid !)

Thank you.

Scottish Dave