[hackspacebristol] Quadcopter with a camera?

Mark Palmer Mark.Palmer at uwe.ac.uk
Tue Sep 9 10:57:55 UTC 2014

I think the thing here is whether there is any profit being made. If Bristol Cable is not for profit and whoever shot the video was in the same position the CAA rules to do with commercial set ups would not come into play. To that extent my reading of the rules would be that costs could be covered just as long as profit is not..... however even if the CAA rules as far as shooting video for profit  don't apply, there are still rules that apply concerning safety such as the flying a safe distance from people. As a result of this we'd really need to know what they were after...

...anyway back to my build : )

All the best

Mark