[hackspacebristol] A visit from Cheltenham Hackspace

David Smith David.Smith at imgtec.com
Mon Sep 15 13:19:35 UTC 2014

> From: Hackspacebristol [mailto:hackspacebristol-bounces at lists.aktivix.org]
> David - isn't that a scrap transformer with one end of the core sawn off ?

Probably.  I guess I need to find something old with a nice big transformer in, as I'll need a few cm gap between the two ends of the "C" - I don't think they make many things with big transformers nowadays as everything's gone to SMPS.

I've already worked out that the best source for the magnets for the electromagnet to attract/repel is probably an old HDD...

Thanks for the pointers.