[hackspacebristol] help needed with flexible metal bendy phone holder thingie

David Smith David.Smith at imgtec.com
Tue Sep 23 14:36:27 UTC 2014

From: Hackspacebristol [mailto:hackspacebristol-bounces at lists.aktivix.org] On Behalf Of ross
> I need to make a phone holder (s3) that I can fix onto a boom/microphone stand and have some flexible bendy hose ( like shower hose, but thinner and remains in position ) so i can position the phone in a useful position while playing guitar.

You might find it easier/cheaper to buy an existing windscreen mobile phone mount like:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Twin-Dual-Car-Holder-Windscreen-Mount-PDA-GPS-Sat-Nav-Smartphone-/400584793784?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item5d44b6deb8

and hack it to mount on top of a microphone stand.

Also, if you're intending to be touching the phone one-handed whilst mounted, then I'd try to get the overall length of the support structure as short as possible - personally, I'd mount it directly on top of a (probably telescopic) vertical microphone stand using a simple mount adjustable using thumbscrews - goosenecks are great for getting stuff in the right place, but the longer the support structure, the more it's going to sway and rock around when you try to tap buttons on the phone screen, possibly to the point where it'll be impossible to tap buttons accurately without steadying the phone with your other hand.