[hackspacebristol] Acrylic

Kelvin Mead kelvinmead at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 20:52:47 UTC 2014

seconded for amari plastics, they sell the plastics in large sizes, but
they often have off cuts in the shop front at very cheap prices, and i have
acquired small (5cm square to 40cm square) chunks as a box of junk for £10
ages back when i was learning how to bend and shape it.

all in random colours.

their only issue imo, is that they charge per cut, so if you wanted 30 x
10x10 cm squares, you'd be adding a large chunk of money onto it.

when i did this for a project i found a plastics company on ebay, and
bought 20 squares for about 30p each!

On 23 September 2014 22:19, John Honniball <coredump at gifford.co.uk> wrote:

> On 23/09/2014 18:44, Donny Bronson wrote:
>
>> Hi I'm looking for some sheet acrylic 3mm in some nice bright colours.
>> Anyone got any tips on where to get hold of some?
>>

> There's a Bristol company called Amari Plastics who have offcuts
> for sale in their factory sometimes:
>
> http://www.amariplastics.com/amariplastics/
>
> They're at Unit 1, St Philips Central, Albert Road, BS2 0XJ. Not
> far from Tempole Meads.
>
> --
> John Honniball

Kelvin Mead