[hackspacebristol] Soldering iron recommendations?

Tim Hutt tdhutt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 18:42:23 UTC 2016

I have to totally contradict you - you can definitely do all soldering -
including very fine (0.5 mm) pitches with one tip (e.g. a medium chisel).

They trick is to solder without worrying about bridges, and then to suck up
the excess solder with solder wick. It will remove the bridges. Don't
bother with drag soldering - more hassle than it is worth.

And it really does help to have a good soldering iron - I thought I wasn't
very good at soldering when I had a cheap iron, but then I tried a nice one
once and realised it was definitely the tool and not me.