[HacktionLab] Oxford HacktionLab meet-up place for Friday night

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 11:07:51 BST 2010

Hi everyone coming to this weekend's HacktionLab:

The meet up place for Friday night is a pub called the Cape of Good
Hope.  I've chosen it because it's near to my house and the rest of the
action, reasonably big, does have some food and is easy to find:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.749749481678&lon=-1.2437430024147&zoom=18

I'll be there from about 7/7.30pm onwards.  Am away/busy earlier in the
day, but if you need to call me cost you're coming earlier or you're
lost or arriving really late, then do call me on my mobile 07811 671 893.

If you're coming by train, you can get a number 5 bus from outside the
station, ask for The Plain stop, which is just past the Plain on the
Cowley Road, so double-back and walk about 300 yards to get to the Cape.

If you catch the Oxford Tube from London to Oxford, get off at the St
Clements stop, carry on walking in the direction that the bus was going
in for about 300 years and you'll come to The Plain and the Cape is on
your left on the corner of the next road.

If you're coming by coach, you'll need to work it out yourself, but
basically walk to St Aldates (ask directions or use your GPS) and get
the number 5 bus from there.

If you're paragliding in, then I suggest you land in Angel and Greyhound
Meadow, leave, cross over St Clements, turn to your right and you can
walk up to the Plain, directions as above.

For those arriving on Saturday, come straight to OARC at East Oxford
Community Centre, which is on Princes Street, off the Cowley Road, about
6-700 yards down from the Cape (for those of you who end up sleeping
under a table there).

http://bit.ly/theoarc

I'm away for the week now, so not on email.  See you all at the weekend.

w: http://mbharris.co.uk
t: +44 7811 671 893