[HacktionLab] FYI: Minutes about booklet and what next for it.

JimDog theinnercityhippy at riseup.net
Wed Apr 14 12:53:15 BST 2010

Hey

That sounds amazing! Thanks for volunteering.

I've been thinking about artwork this week. I had an idea that we could ask people we know who produce radical zines to maybe illustrate the user stories so it breaks up the text a bit and opens the whole thing up to a wider audience who may not be directly into geek activism per se but would read it for the illustrations and hopefully pick up on the advice whilst they do.

The downside is that time is as ever short. The london zine symposium is coming up at the end of next month for which i'm trying to get some time off work. Was thinking i could maybe talk to people there, show them the draft and try and get some of them to do some illustrations?

Does anyone know anyone personally that they could maybe ask about this before we go to print? Also, in terms of printing, we could ask footprint workers coop in leeds to do a run for distributing in the north perhaps?

Solidarity

jimdog