[HacktionLab] Fw: The booklet

John Hodge jhodge_98 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 02:11:01 BST 2010

Hi all
I've just been through all the pages - minor corrections, small grammar stuff etc. It's really good - it achieves what it sets out to do.

My one thought was that the Free As In Freedom bit could be split in two:
one - a discussion of free software ethics, free culture, commons etc plus Free Software itself etc as promised in the intro
two - the whole topic of web applications, cloud computing, interactive websites etc etc - as a security issue, and a critique of all that looking at what may come, rather than what's happening right now - as well as 'free' solutions.

Maybe not - but the 'Free Network Services' bit is nearly half of the 'Free As In Freedom' chapter - and it's underdone and looks a little like it's been shoved under free software - but yet its a topical and valid issue here.

Another point - those blurbs at the beginning of each chapter. They are fine, but then when they always end with a terrible death - it's absolutely out-of-the-park bonkers. I'm never one to be a wet blanket but phew...

John H