[HacktionLab] Children at BarnCamp

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Fri Apr 30 16:39:49 BST 2010

Hi...

maybe it's just me .. but ...

"They are welcome to eat" ..  but need permission to talk, play, piss, shit and breathe ?

Maybe you should just keep this exclusive white, male, 20-30 something geek fest for yourselves then ?  Because otherwise one of the most interesting things about BarnCamp; the family friendliness of the environment, and the fact its _not_ just another conference in a squat/hotel/business park is lost.

As far as I can remember there were a small number of children on site last year.  I don't remember them being disruptive, but may have missed those occasions.

I would have thought that _if_ children were disrupting individual workshops, in those cases the workshop participants should have raised *at* *that* *time*, with the respective (ir)responsible adults and this does not need an additional section.

Yours grumpily

--
Alan Dawson