[HacktionLab] Space managing and washing up

Llanos llanosnunez at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 12:36:25 BST 2010

For the cleaning/Kitchen stuff rota I was thinking on some print outs where
people could put their names (pen and paper!) once they get there and do at
least 1 or 2 tasks during the weekend. That way people can choose where and
what is more suitable for them (I wouldn't like to do breakfast for example
:)) and put their names on the list. I reckon that's better than make the
rota ourselves, isnt it?

I could bring the print outs and take responsibility of letting everyone
know about the rota if you want. I suggest people staying on Monday and
people directly involved with the workshops can get away and don't do any
rota stuff.

cheers
llanos

On 7 June 2010 11:57, Mike Harris <mike at mbharris.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Llanos,
>
> Good email and good idea.
>
> During sign-up everyone ticked boxes of what they said they'd be happy
> to help with.
>
> The result of this is a list of willing kitchen helpers (as opposed to
> willing fire dutiers).
>
> So we could take this list as we have it and turn it into a rota right
> here right now.  What do you reckon?
>
> There's also a list of those who said they'd stay late: I was planning
> on sending an email out to this list later on.
>
> Do you fancy sorting either of those tasks, or if not, someone else on
> this ere list?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike.
>

> --
> Mike Harris
> w: http://mbharris.co.uk
> t: +44 7811 671 893
>

> Llanos wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > One of the things I reckon we failed when organizing last year's
> > gathering was how we managed the cleaning/washing up/rubbish in the
> > barn. Some people seemed not able to get away from their laptops at
> > all, not even to clear their mugs! The barn on Sunday evening was a
> > mess and people that stayed for Monday had to work really hard.
> >
> > This year there's going to be double amount of people so I suggest a
> > rota. I reckon there should be for each meal, 1 or 2 people to help in
> > the kitchen (chopping up etc), 2 people for washing (pans, trays and
> > all the kitchen stuff) and another person to clean the space in the
> > barn/marquees (rubbish, spare mugs, clean surfaces). It will still be
> > everyone's responsibility to wash their own dishes and mugs anyway.
> >
> > If there's 4/5 people working each meal then the work load will be
> > more fair and the place will be in a decent state, hopefully. Maybe
> > people directly involved with the workshops can get away but all the
> > others will do their bit.
> >
> > What does everyone think??
> >
> > --
> > Llanos