[HacktionLab] Following up

Gringoben gringoben at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 20:30:43 BST 2010

Hello all,

The barncamp was great but as usual i worry that we'll fail to follow
up on anything and so this email is my attempt to move some things
forward.

I facilitated two impromptu skill shares and one can be adequately
documented just by referencing http://slinging.org - the other I plan
to write up soon as hopefully a fairly platform independent guide to
multimedia applications of smart phones for activism.

However, this email is really about following up on conversations
about recreating some (bl)asterisk facilities. I spoke briefly to a
few people about this but didn't get contact details.

It turns out that this project is more timely than I realised as the
camp fir climate action have started to have weekly conference call
organising meetings for all working groups on the run up to their
event at the end of august. Providing access to asterisk conference
calls via geographic numbers and SIP would save them cash and start to
develop interest in other applications which the system could provide.
I'd love to hear from anyone who would like to make this happen.

Ben