[HacktionLab] Children at BarnCamp

Llanos llanosnunez at gmail.com
Tue May 4 23:07:19 BST 2010

Let's see how many kids are coming and take it from there. I told her I
thought there'd be max 10 kids that's why she said that money but by the
look of things there will not be so many. She's flexible, she will probably
do it for less anyway. If when you know the number of kids you think it's a
good idea then I can agree on something better :)

cheers, llanos

On 4 May 2010 21:55, <ben at bristolwireless.net> wrote:

> Quoting "Mike Harris" <mike at mbharris.co.uk>:
>
>  I also think that it'd be adequate to simply have a segment of the
>> plenary/intro session on Friday night about kids and then those with
>> kids and everyone else can discuss it there and then and sort it out
>> when the need has made itself clear.
>>

> If this does get agreed to I'd like to have an undisputed right to not
> listen to hours of moaning about how children weren't handled properly and
> how disturbing it was to have them in workshops, again. I found the adults
> moaning about the behaviour of the children when they didn't actually say
> anything at the time, much more disturbing than the odd cute kid being
> inappropriate.
>
> So, basically, £40 to provide a facility and handle any kids that come, or
> hope that not many turn up and mitigate for it by talking about it at the
> plenary. Either way, I'm not listening to any whinging from the result,
> bored of that.
>
> Ta,
> ==
> From Ben Green