[HacktionLab] Internet Access

JimDog theinnercityhippy at riseup.net
Fri May 14 05:35:30 BST 2010

Hey tim

last year internet was available 24/7 through a combination of a satellite linkup and an adsl connection that was kindly provided by the good folk at the farm. I'm imagining that the sat will be making an appearance this year - mike, is this the case? Northern imc will also be bringing their 3g networking equipment if a suitable signal is about. Reliable Internet is certainly top of most peoples wishlists when planning the barncamp.

As for mobile signal. I had a consistently good signal (on o2 ) for the whole weekend last year, but i'm aware that for some on some networks it was a bit hit and miss. Perhaps others could relay their experience of this to the list so we can get a better picture?

Look forward to seeing you there.

Jimdog
(barncamper)