[HacktionLab] quote, was: book again. ..Printable version

mick fuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Mon Oct 11 20:29:25 BST 2010

hi there,

Good work on the layout Anna!!!

How do people feel about the indymedia logo on the front cover?

If it was A5 as imagined it would be
8 sheets of A4 - 16 sides - 32 pages of A5 paper.
which should halve the print cost almost no? or is that what you meant
below.

I recently printed 400 booklets of 3 sheets  - 6 sides and 12 pages for 100
pounds on really nice paper.   That was with me doing the printing,  using
the collating machine and the stapling machine. (takes a while)
I don't mind doing that as long as people buy me beers.

I could get a quote if it's useful.

Maybe this is a thing that we can crowd source the money for -
ie find 10 people prepared to put in £20 - and they get 40 copies - or what
ever.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 6:14 PM, ana <anap at riseup.net> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I got a definite quote for the book as I prepared it on OpenOffice and
> here as a pdf:
>
> https://we.riseup.net/imc-london/tech-tools-for-activists+65864
>
> 32 pages, 16 A4 on both sides, it would be £330 for 500 copies and £174
> for 250 copies. To which we would need to add 1/3 if we wanted it collated
> and stapled. I.e. 440 would pay for 500 copies plus collated and stapled,
> 232 would pay for 250 collated and stapled - which would save us doing it
> ourselves.
>
> This is a very small-group volunteer project doing it all on recycled
> paper, so definitely a project we support in London ...
>
> I have no idea how the hacktionlab finances are. Would we want the version
> as I made it to go to the bookfair if it can? Would we pay that much?
>
> Alan, any feedback from Sunday? (assuming it was not too late)
>
> Thanks,
>
> ana

http://www.undercurrents.org - independent video
http://manchestermule.com - manchester news

Think Planet! Computers are killing Mother Earth!
Did you *really* need to read this email???
Why not send all my mail directly to your Trash folder?