[HacktionLab] quote, was: book again. ..Printable version

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Mon Oct 11 20:47:47 BST 2010

> I got a definite quote for the book as I prepared it on OpenOffice and
> here as a pdf:
>
> https://we.riseup.net/imc-london/tech-tools-for-activists+65864

Excellent work!  My hat off to you for finally getting this sorted :)

> 32 pages, 16 A4 on both sides, it would be £330 for 500 copies and £174
> for 250 copies. To which we would need to add 1/3 if we wanted it collated
> and stapled. I.e. 440 would pay for 500 copies plus collated and stapled,
> 232 would pay for 250 collated and stapled - which would save us doing it
> ourselves.

That seems quite dear: I'm going to go back to Oxford Green Print as I
said and get a competitive quote for us to compare.

> This is a very small-group volunteer project doing it all on recycled
> paper, so definitely a project we support in London ...

Nice.

> I have no idea how the hacktionlab finances are. Would we want the version
> as I made it to go to the bookfair if it can? Would we pay that much?

Finances are here:
http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/HacktionLab_pot

Not much in the pot.  Back in Oxford those of us there agreed to fund
the printing ourselves - but this was printing a much smaller format
booklet (A6 I think) and the costs came to less than 100 quid.  Again,
I'll check that with oxford green print.

So no I don't think the pot can cover it, else we have no funds left
for anything else, it'll need to be self-funded imho.