[HacktionLab] publicity and radio and radical hosting

mick fuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Wed Oct 13 10:57:01 BST 2010

HacktionLab -
http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/Welcome_to_HacktionLab

We need to get some publicity out! It's happening in just over a month!
To do that we need to get the focus of the workshops or at least the wiki
page -  a bit more sorted.

Someone / s need to step up for the sessions / publicity - ideally not the
same people as last time.

They key thing underlining this October workshop is that it can be as
technical as it wants to be - there is no nerd-gag! So the publicity needs
to reflect that.

But, a while ago I suggested that if we were going to do the community radio
stuff that we have a section - proposed saturday afternoon - where we invite
people interested in that aspect.
I'll definately invite people from manchester - I like the idea of doing a
stream on early sat night also like last time.

There are also some people that I'll bcc in that I think would be good to
hook up Manchester with the radical hosting network. the aktivix / tachanka
/ type stuff.

Maybe something along those lines would be good on Saturday too.

What do people think in relation to those random ideas?

Mick