[HacktionLab] BradLab 2010 info...

JimDog theinnercityhippy at riseup.net
Wed Oct 13 16:49:21 BST 2010

Hey all

So we've been scribbling away on the back of the giant fag packet we use for all our most technical problems here at the 1in12, and here's the final rundown of what's occurring and where so we can push the information to geeks we think might be interested in attending.

The autumn hacktionlab will be held over the weekend of 20-21st august 2010 at the 1in12 club, 21-23 albion street, bradford.

There are 2 train stations in Bradford and both are an approx 5 mins walk from the club. For those travelling from outside the green and pleasant lands of west yorkshire, you will probably want to head for Bradford Interchange. There are regular trains there from Leeds or Manchester.

Those coming by road need to aim at junction 26 of the m62, which is accessed either from the m1 or m6. Head onto the m606 and follow the signs for the centre of Bradford. If you get stuck, give us a ring on the number we'll provide closer to the event.

Those cycling in will be pleased to know we've arranged secure cycle storage on the ground floor this year.

Crash space will be available in the club library again for Friday and Saturday nights. If people want to stay Sunday too this can be arranged. You'll need to bring a sleeping bag and roll mat if you're not speedy enough to nab the sofas.

People can arrive from Friday afternoon onwards. If you're going to be early, give us a ring on the number provided nearer the time. The bar will be open on Friday night for drinks, pool, table football and a glass of buckfast for the adventurous.

Food is arranged for Saturday and Sunday breakfast and cooked lunch. Also tea and zapatista coffee will be available throughout the weekend. The food will all be vegan, let us know in advance if there's any specific dietary requirements you need us to cater for. On Saturday night the plan is to go out for a curry (when in bradford...) like last year so the meat eaters aren't going cold turkey on us and drilling their way through Sunday.

On Saturday night there's going to be a benefit gig for repairs to the roof on the gig floor featuring the legendary Zounds and some local bands. It's also one ageing hacktiongiffers 30th. Entirely up to you if you want to go, entry will be a fiver for hacklabbers and members.

The schedule for workshops is up at the hacktivista.net website. Still time for suggestions if there's something people want to do. The final schedule will be worked out in the welcome session on Saturday and hopefully Sunday will take more of a barcamp style.

The cost of food and whatnots is going to between 15-20 quid, depending on what you can afford. If you can't afford that much and its a barrier to you coming, let us know in advance and we'll haggle something out.

We really could do with getting an approximation of numbers before 1st November so we can order food and make sure the buckfast bottle is sufficiently topped up with carpet cleaner, so can people who are definitely coming let me know ASAP.

Look forward to seeing you all next month.

Jimdog

http://northern-indymedia.org