[HacktionLab] A few updates to the web site

ana anap at riseup.net
Wed Sep 29 13:07:13 BST 2010

Hi,

I can't update the website myself I don't think, and this thread became
a list of possible talks/ workshops for the next camp so, maybe should
change the subject to "proposed talks for autumn camp" or similar?

Anyway, below is my proposed addition. I have - unsuccessfully - tried
to encrypt an external hard drive, so I would love to receive a talk on
the subject.

Alan Dawson wrote:
> 0. Using monkeysphere to escape the hierarchy of x509. A skill sharing session on monkeysphere  ( http://monkeysphere.info ), which uses gpg to sign { ssh keys || http && other x509 certificates }.
> This would tie in nicely with a gpg signing session as we are all going to be doing gpg key transitions to 4096 bit RSA keys from the default 1024 bit DSA keys, which are becoming crackable with sufficient computing resource.
>
> 1. Using the barrier method for safe and fun social networking.
> Developing a series of proxies that allow individuals and groups ( think activists and indymedia collectives ) to insert their content into commonly used social networking infrastructure.
> Demonstrate a twitter propaganda bot ( insults #tag trolls and positive retweeting activist service ).  Develop an implementation of a no data retention indymedia url shortening and rss->twitter news service. Discuss Diaspora, and possible implementations for privacy enthusiasts.
>
> 2. Deep throat.  Can we safely talk through internet ?
> Results from the voip development discussions and experiments.
>
> 3. Our friends in the network
> Some old school friends get together to share the latest gossip from the radicaltech collective scene, whats open whats not, and who's signing each others keys!

4. How to encrypt your external hard drive.