[HacktionLab] Taking Control! Was Re: Bristol Anarchist Bookfair

Garcon du Monde gdm at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Apr 18 08:21:49 UTC 2011

hi,

slight hijack of the thread here, but i'll see if i can come to Bristol
too maybe...

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 06:04:58PM +0100, Mike Harris wrote:
> Ages ago I booked us a slot at Bristol Anarchist Bookfair on Saturday
> 7th May.

there's also a slot for us at Taking Control West Midlands (programme
not yet up):

 * http://takingcontrolwestmidlands.wordpress.com/

i'm requesting it for a similar time to the workshop in bristol,
i.e. early saturday afternoon-ish. would anyone else be interested/able
to come along? i think i will just pinch the description you have used
for Bristol...

> The description from the programme is:
>

> 2.30-3.30PM: Hacktionlab
>
> UK tech activist collective discuss issues around security and privacy
> whilst doing activism on the internet and present their booklet 'Tech Tools
> for Activists' aimed at non-techs.  Copies of the booklet will also be
> available for free or a donation.
>

> I'm up for doing it as I was the one that got us in to it, anyone else
> fancy doing it with me and/or coming along for moral support?

yep, quite possibly.

solidarity,

	--gdm