[HacktionLab] Hi all! and BC registration.

Adelayde Skidmore adelayde at riseup.net
Thu Apr 28 20:49:10 UTC 2011

 On 28/04/2011 19:49, ekes wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I finally managed to get round to joining this list :-) Think I didn't
> recognize a few names in the archives so if you've not met me: I'm ekes,
> I do lots of Drupal stuff at the moment, and am based in NL.
>
> Not sure who's done the BarnCamp website - looks nice by the way - I
> tried to register for the BC today. There seems to be no httpS and even
> sending the plain text form was hanging and not doing anything.

Hi Eeks,

Good to have you on board the list :)

Glad you like the wiki, it's been a few year's work getting it together
for a load of us.

The registration site is written in Rails and it's running on a low-fi
Atom server and perhaps it's struggling or something.

We may need to move it to a faster server perhaps.

We could https it, though then we get into having to buy a certificate
else people will get warnings, etc.  Personally I'm really not sure it's
necessary, we're only asking for name and email address pretty much, and
folks can always use an alias.

We did have this debate before, and I'm sure we'll now have it again.