[HacktionLab] Gathering in Manchester September 17th and 18th

Garcon du Monde gdm at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Aug 3 23:00:34 UTC 2011

hi,

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 05:45:09PM +0100, penguin wrote:
> A time ago I offered to project manage a review of activist friendly web
> hosts. I would quite like a slot at the Gather to get this going -
> mainly in finding out what questions to ask to see if hosts are activist
> friendly. I made a start here
> https://we.riseup.net/hacktionlab/secure-activist-friendly-webhosting
> but want to get the questions finished before going much further.

as i mentioned previously, this has already been done to a large extent
by a bunch of people who are involved in such collectives. however, the
information is not (yet) public. it has been difficult to talk to people
involved in this recently as many of them have been travelling (there
have been loads of conferences etc over this summer period). however, i
may be able to speak to some of them over the next few weeks, so will
try to remember to discuss this with them.

> It's a slightly different project to Tech Tools, but would be good to
> have the review done so it can be referenced in the new book

i agree it would be a good addendum to the book.

solidarity,

	--gdm

--
GPG: 5607 E4BC C6B6 90F4 5EBC  B348 D01B 9D77 912F 963C