[HacktionLab] Fwd: [digitalcharities] Oxford digital shindig

zoe young zoe at esemplastic.net
Tue Feb 8 13:20:37 GMT 2011

fyi..

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[digitalcharities] Oxford digital shindig
Date: 	8 Feb 2011 13:01:00 +0100
From: 	Tom Allen <thomchandler at gmail.com>
To: 	Digital Charities <digitalcharities at dgroups.org>
CC: 	<tbeckmann1 at gmail.com>

Hi all!

I'm sure you're all aware of the ECF Oxford digital shindig for
ecampaigners (if not, see here and book your spot!
http://fairsay.com/events/ecampaigning-forum/).

I met Tim from Oxford Friends of the Earth at a conference the other day
(CC'd), and he suggested we could put on a digital training event for
activists. I just wanted to test the waters to see if anyone would be up
for helping out, either running sessions / workshops, or simply with
logistical stuff.

It could be a couple of hours one afternoon, or a whole day depending on
capacity, and levels of interest from the group.

What do you think? Would you be up for helping out? What should the
event consist of?

Some initial ideas:

    * Writing compelling web campaigns copy
    * Social media for activism (or could be split Facebook / Twitter?)
    * Security for activists - such as TOR network, etc?
    * General session on useful tools for effective ecampaigning (maybe
      PingFM stuff?)

With P&P, New Internationalist, Oxfam, Earthwatch, etc, all local I'm
hoping there would be some interested punters and possible speakers?

This could also be a way to take our small charity site-building
extravaganzas to the next level? Over the course of the day we could
entirely rework a small organisation's site as part of training sessions?

Cheers!
Tom

------

Tom Allen

ActionAid International Web Manager

Tel: +44 203 122 0588

Skype: aai_toma

Visit web site <http://dgroups.org/groups/digitalcharities> | Reply to
sender <mailto:thomchandler at gmail.com> | Click here
The email is intended only for the recipients. The owners of the Dgroups
cannot be held responsible for the contents of the email message.