[HacktionLab] Debate about attribution and aggregation - visionontv example

penguin penguin at riseup.net
Sun Feb 27 19:35:55 GMT 2011

Hi

tl:tr - Guideline: Use creative commons with attribution licence, and
honour that licence when aggregating.

Is this not covered by the peeps that create the first instance of the
item posting with a creative commons license with the attribution clause:

"You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or
licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your
use of the work)."

So the 'manner' would include something akin to 'you must link to our
website at ...'

I don't know about youtube, but blip lets you specify a CC licence, and
also to have an account where you can link to your homepage.

If peeps do not follow the licence, get in touch and tell them to. ( see
that VisionOn do now have links to the Mule's home page, so I guess they
got the message).

PS - this message is under creative commons attribution licence. You may
repeat it, but any textual version must be followed up by a synopsis of
the message in the manner of modern dance.