[HacktionLab] Android + Mesh + Diaspora + PGP? - lo-tech solution?

protag protag at aktivix.org
Mon Jan 31 12:33:39 GMT 2011

Hey

This all sounds really interesting, but I'd like to ask a dopey question.

If I was in Egypt now I'd be plugging in my dial-up modem and trying to
make an international call to an ISP in a neighbouring country. Would this
work? Is anyone doing it?*

I know international calls are as easy to cut off as ISPs...

I've probably been watching too many films where the world is saved by an
old dude who can still remember how morse code works. I'm a string and
sealing wax kinda guy.

Cheers

Protag

*OK I just saved myself the embarrasment of having Yossarian send me a
"let me google that for you"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12322948