[HacktionLab] newscoop workshop

m3shrom m3shrom at riseup.net
Sun Jun 5 19:39:21 UTC 2011

On 05/06/2011 20:11, ekes wrote:
> I've never used it so it would be good to know: What's the soundcloud
> functionality that people need? I almost had it running for media field
> in Drupal 7 for my brother a few months back - and then I forgot about it...

from their website ---

Access the cloud from your workstation.

SoundCloud is increasingly the tool of choice for sharing audio on the
web. A beautiful and embeddable audio player, text comments inside the
sound waveform, fantastic API and enormous network of over four million
users and counting - what more do you need?

Well, only some way to manage all those files.... good news. Newscoop's
SoundCloud plugin comes with Newscoop as standard and allows you to
publish, attach, edit and upload SoundCloud files without leaving
Newscoop.  A huge range of embedding options allows you to display the
audio on your site however you want - with or without pictures, single
tracks or entire playlists, discrete miniplayers or full audiofiles with
comment streams.

Perfect for papers who produce a lot of sound content and want to share
it the moment it is published via Facebook and Twitter. Get interviews
online instantly, even from reporters within the field via the
SoundCloud mobile app. Upload talkshows or podcasts and build a platform
around your spoken word content. Integrate with our radio software
Airtime and it will even upload your station's shows automatically.