[HacktionLab] Offering workshop on high effic low energy lighting for camps etc?

kriptick kriptick at riseup.net
Tue Jun 7 10:46:16 UTC 2011

Hi all
I know this sounds pathetic but try as I might, I just can't get on with
wikis so am posting this here.

If I come which I probably will but things are not totally sorted yet, I
could do a practical workshop on how to build your own very low energy LED
lighting system for illuminating large tents etc at remote outdoor events
just like this. This was something that (gringo) Ben & I developed in a
hurry for a previous climate camp and which worked so well that we didn't
need to top up the 12V batteries during the duration of the camp. The
workshop would involve hacking some existing extremely cheap 48 LED units so
they work straight off 12V instead of very non-eco AA batts as they were
originally designed to. This would be aimed at all levels so could also be a
handy intro to electronics & soldering, wiring etc.

Also I would be bringing a car provided I've defo fixed it so could carry
some bodies or tat from London leaving Fri eve.

Been too busy to monitor this list much but just noticed there's a req for
an urn. Is this sorted yet cos there's a leccy one in Larc basement which
looks ok?