[HacktionLab] is tech political, was: ogg camp -

ana anap at riseup.net
Sat Jun 25 18:52:08 UTC 2011

I hope to make this constructive.

On 17/06/2011 00:30, penguin wrote:

>  ... but am now wondering if there's as important a role to get 'tech
> activists' a bit more political savy.

Far from finding this question offensive, I find it quite appropriate
for something like barncamp.

I spend a few hours a week involved in an activity that I think
"qualifies" as "political action", namely making quality food affordable
and enabling as many people as possible to avoid mainstream outlets
(namely nasty supermarkets selling food produced in a way that destroys
the planet and blah blah blah). For me my shopping is part of my
activism too.

Going to barncamp is a bit of a financial effort. I would very much
prefer that no part of that financial effort goes to financing
economical ventures I (hopefully we all?) would normally preach against.

> Just thinking allowed.

Thinking is always allowed. Though I think you meant thinking aloud.
Which should be allowed too ;)

a.