[HacktionLab] diaspora session now on wiki

yossarian yossarian at aktivix.org
Tue May 31 19:07:42 UTC 2011

Hi everybody,

I put a quick description of the Diaspora session on the wiki (I hope
this was the right thing to do).  It currently reads like this:

==Distributed Social Networking With Diaspora==

Proposed by: yossarian

Number of people: 5-10

Duration: 60 mins

Required space: indoor /barn

Facilities: projector, outbound network access, an available wireless
lan in the barn

history, Facebook has connected humanity with itself - and with a
ruthless surveillance-based business model. What alternatives exist?
People obviously want the connectedness and communications options which
social networks bring to the table, but are there ways to meet these
needs without a centralized system?  We'll examine a few of these
political questions, and then dive into setting up our own "pod", part
of the Diaspora social networking system.

Is this what people are after?  Any suggestions/different take on things
that would make it more interesting?

Greets,
yossarian