[HacktionLab] [FM Discuss] Press Release: Tunisian Activists Teach How To Bypass Internet Censorship

Adelayde Skidmore adelayde at riseup.net
Sat Oct 8 09:13:00 UTC 2011

On 08/10/2011 09:19, Ben Green wrote:
> Quoting Adelayde Skidmore <adelayde at riseup.net>:
>

>> I was thinking of a new article for the booklet based around using ssh
>> -D to create tunnels through firewalls.  I'd used it before but was
>> reminded of it whilst reading a copy of 2600 I 'borrowed' off
>> Charlie.... I thought it might be possible to try to write something to
>> explain it with an real-world example, then a link to the wiki with a
>> proper tutorial on how to make it work... what does everyone think about
>> that?  can we fit it in?  if there's support for it, I'll get penning
>> it...
>
> I think since the feedback from the last leaflet was that people
> couldn't understand it, we should be aiming for less technical and
> better explanations of the simpler aspects. I think your idea would be
> moving in the opposite direction. It's certainly an article worth
> writing and linking in the leaflet though.

Agree.  I guess I was thinking of a gentle introduction, but also coming
up with real-world scenarios and solutions to them to help give the
booklet more weight.  I'd aim to keep it very introductory, with no
actual command lines.  So perhaps it'd be half a page of text with a
link to the wiki.  How about that?