[HacktionLab] Fwd: IRC meeting report and first actions

Ben Green ben at bristolwireless.net
Thu Apr 19 12:45:11 UTC 2012

----- Forwarded message from Ben Green <ben at bristolwireless.net> -----
    Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 20:20:36 +0100
    From: Ben Green <ben at bristolwireless.net>
Subject: IRC meeting report and first actions
      To: ttfa-discuss at lists.aktivix.org

Minutes for the last pre-booksprint meeting follow:

* We should no longer use Booki as it is very unpopular for editing
and use mediawiki (on this site) to edit Ben Green will prepare some
ground rules
* Mick requests that by way of a booki post mortem we write to the
developers and say why we are not using it, please add comments on
[[why we are not using booki for TTFA2]] on the wiki
* This book sprint will be '''bring a non-techy friend''' - we will
make sure they get us to write in a non-tech friendly way, their
understanding of our text is to be our gold standard - get your
persuading out and get someone to come with you. You may wish to bribe
them, some suggestions are: the illusion of kudos, cake, badges,
mini-internship for your CV
* We also need good proof readers, same deal applies
* Penguin will sort crash space for the booksprint
* the booksprint will be at the end of May: '''Saturday 26th to Sunday
27th May''' (plus Monday if we want)
* People are welcome to sort other stuff for the booksprint let us know
* The sprint will be at the end of May
* we'll send someone out for food, unless someone wants to cook
* editors could work form home on the booksprint days - giving us
extra-venue support
* something about raveoke

Link at:
http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/Tech_Tools_for_Activism#Second_IRC_Meeting

I've a fair bit of work on the wiki, preserving all the content
(including the discussions from both the wiki and flossmanuals). I
haven't moved the content of the Flossmanuals.com articles yet. I'll
do that tomorrow and announce it.

The following pages have been massively revised or newly added and tidied:

http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/Tech_Tools_for_Activism
http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/TTFA2   (this will be the
workspace for the actually book, each chapter being one wiki page)
http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/TTFA2_Style_Guide (with
added section on the new structure agreed at first IRC meeting)
http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/TTFA2_model_article (this
is the model decided on at the first IRC meeting. I will initially add
content to the wiki like this for each chapter)

PLEASE NOTE WELL: I haven't actually added any of the article text
yet. I'll do this tomorrow.

Cheers,
==
 From Ben Green