[HacktionLab] We need to talk about Facebook to other people, face to face, in an accessible way

Mick Fuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Thu Dec 6 18:56:12 UTC 2012

#

I just sent this to the p2pu.org community list, but the network that
I'd really like to work with on this issue about sharing how to design
and deliver accessible workshops in this area is you good people.
This fits into the Hacktionlab on the road idea.

I'll try to feedback more about the TTFA workshop I did recently but
this could be a good way of getting wider experiences into the mix.

--//
Hi there,

I just had a talk with Jane Park about the School of Open and possible
collaborations. The one that got me moving right away was the idea of a
course on the process of delivering workshops.

The scope isn't exactly defined yet, and can be adapted, but you'll get
an ideas from the pad notes. It would be great to have some more
collaboration on this. We'll aim to get it ready in the next few months.

*Summary -* A course to prepare people for the delivery of workshops on
Free Culture, Openness and related topics in informal spaces
(conferences, gatherings, street occupations etc)
*Pad -* http://pad.p2pu.org/p/collaborativeworkshops
<http://pad.p2pu.org/p/collaborativeworkshops>

I'm excited by this as one of the projects that I've been involved with
a bit in the world of campaigning - Seeds for Change
http://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/ <http://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/> -
does a great job at sharing experiences of giving workshops, and I think
it would be great to create a similar peer group around the subjects of
collaboration, Free Culture and 'open' in general. This course would
seem like a great informal way of doing that, with a very low barrier to
entry.

nice one
Mick

ps - I've been off the map for a bit in rural Spain at sunseed.org.uk
<http://sunseed.org.uk> - I'll try to do a feedback on their experience
with p2pu.org <http://p2pu.org> and possible plans for using it to
extend their learning outside of the centre later.