[HacktionLab] bethemedia Network meeting on same weekend

Garcon du Monde gdm at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Feb 21 18:32:41 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:57:45AM +0000, chickpea wrote:
> > On 19/02/12 12:47, bou wrote:
> >> this is a proposal to have a joined meeting, with one day dedicated
> >> to one and second day dedicated to the other.
> >>
> >> Would that suit hacktionlab?
> >
> > Fine with me. My objectives for any such event are ...
> >
> > # Hang out with you lot
> > # Play with computers
> > # Lever cute critters into as many conversations as possible.
> >
> > Long as I can do those, I'll be a kontented kitten.
> >
> > Cheers

> Agreed!

i think this has already been vetoed. i would certainly be part of the
'pub party' as i have no interest in btm.

> I volunteered to help with logistics* in getting a space (LARC really) for
> the weekender.

i also offered to help with logistics. essentially, this comes with two provisos:

 a. i'm not going to help with logistics for a btm meeting.

 b. i'm only going to help if i'm able to be there, and i don't know
    what my schedule is yet for the coming months - but should probably
    find out next week (but i've been thinking that for the past 3
    weeks).

> Could we settle on a date soonish? LARC is a bit of a hot spot on the
> weekends so I'll need to clear it with the rest of the building users well
> in advance if we plan a friendly take-over for Friday night, Saturday all
> day and Sunday...
>
> Maybe someone can set-up a decider and hassle people to fill it in?

or we can just dictate a weekend that is suitable for the people
organising it. therefore, a different question: are there any weekends
that are particularly bad for people (and why)?

solidarity,

	--gdm

--
GPG: 5607 E4BC C6B6 90F4 5EBC  B348 D01B 9D77 912F 963C