[HacktionLab] HacktionLab in Bradford: hospitality

protag protag at aktivix.org
Tue Jan 10 08:05:25 UTC 2012

Hi All

Just thought I should send a few words about hospitality and accomodation
in Bradford.

If you've never been before, the 1in12 Club is down a cobbled alley about
10 minutes' walk from either of Bradford's rail stations. If you're driving
there's free parking on Grattan road about 500m away from the club. Parking
is allowed outside the club on Sunday. (The adjacent carpark does not
belong to us and you could get blocked in if you use it).

Once you arrive, unfortunately there are perilous stairs to climb and no
lift (we're working on it, slowly). On Friday evening there'll be drinkies
in the bar and the Library will be open for polite and thoughtful
conversation.

At about 8.15 on Saturday I'll show up with breakfast, which will likely
include toast, marmalade, jam & other spreads, and porridge. There'll be
coffee and tea all day.

Same again for Sunday. Might do a cooked breakfast if I'm feeling dynamic.

There'll be a donations jar, just pay what you think is right, according
to how much you've had and what you can afford. No more than a tenner.

Saturday lunchtime the cafe will be open for something which is intending
to (as I understand it) raise funds for asylum seekers' legal fees, and
regular cafe customers will be charged according to the menu, but I've
talked to the organisers and they're happy to feed us and see what comes
out of the donations jar. Hoorah!

In the evening folks normally go for a curry, but anyone wishing to just
make themselves a sandwich in the cafe should be ok to do so.

There are three spaces we can use for meetings in the club: Library,
Member's Bar and Event Floor. There's a projector and screen in two of
those, and a biggish TV set in the third.

We have two flip-charts secereted about the building somewhere.

The wireless network was working tolerably well last time I used it.

Sleeping is usually in the Library and Cafe.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of the above.

Cheers!

protag

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:47:18 +0000, Adelayde Skidmore
<adelayde at riseup.net>

http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/Winter_2012_Hacklab_Attendees