[HacktionLab] Electromagnetic Field: a UK camping festival for hackers and makers later this summer

Martin Dittus dekstop at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 08:47:00 UTC 2012

Hey all,

I'm part of the organising team of Electromagnetic Field, a non-profit camping festival in the UK that we're planning for later this summer. Just wanted to make sure you've seen this; maybe you or someone you know may be interested in coming?

We're bringing together a large crowd of makers, artists, DIY enthusiasts, scientists, … to essentially have a hackspace on a field. A very exciting prospect. It'll be from Friday 31st August - Sunday 2nd September 2012 at Pineham Park (a great location near Milton Keynes.)
http://www.emfcamp.org/

The site has plenty of good things to offer for our first camp ever: lots of space, an interesting layout that will provide ample opportunities for people to erect their own hangout spots, access to a bridge underpass where we'll likely set up the bar… There'll be high bandwidth Internet, large tents for talks, workshops, and hacking sessions, good toilets and showers, etc :)

There are a few photos here:
http://blog.emfcamp.org/

One thing I'm personally looking forward to is that it's already turning out to become an amazing meetup of maker and hacker communities, and we haven't even started promoting it in a big way yet. Have a look at the communities that already announced their attendance:
http://www.emfcamp.org/participating

Ticket sales are coming soon, some details here:
http://www.emfcamp.org/tickets

There's loads more. Check out the blog, the wiki, the mailing list, … There's still much to do for us, but after weeks and months of preparation things are now starting to come together for us… as I say, I'm very excited :)

And please let me know if there are questions.

All the best,
martind