[HacktionLab] Anarchist Science 123

Michael Reinsborough m.reinsborough at qub.ac.uk
Thu Mar 1 01:37:56 UTC 2012

Hi all,

  this was brought up during the barncamp workshops, lookinhg more carelfully at how capitalism misuses science to build social control into the technological infrastructure of modern society.  There is a skeleton website up at https://network23.org/anarchistscience

1. Anarchist science meeting ?

If anyone is around london weekend of march 24th-25th let me know and if interest we can have a brief meeting & pint to sort out a possible anarchist science event later in the year, RSVP.  possible dates: @the
anarchist bookfair Oct27 ? end-of summer sep21-23 during derbyshire "muster" tbc by luddites200.org.uk ?  other dates ?

2. Teach-in on Green Capitalism agenda

FYI, on mar24th weekend this teach-in happening https://network23.org/invite
i will fwd an invite text that you can send on to people

The teach-in is opposite a massive fuck-off international technofix conference  http://www.planetunderpressure2012.net (part of rio+20 process) in ExCel centre later that week organized by the Royal Society https://network23.org/anarchistscience/vs-royal-science

3. Direct Action against the extension of capitalism through technologies "harmful to commonality"

The other obvious points of resistance to capitalist use of technology in the UK this spring are
  3a. Mar10th Blockade Hinkley Nuclear Power Station http://stopnewnuclear.org.uk and
  3b. May 27th Mass action against new GM crops http://earthfirst.org.uk/actionreports/content/take-flour-back-mass-action-against-genetically-modified-wheat