[HacktionLab] Spring of code?

Garcon du Monde gdm at fifthhorseman.net
Sun Mar 4 15:11:43 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 09:34:10AM +0000, Adelayde Skidmore wrote:
> I thought we perhaps ought to start making connexions to this lot, as
> there seems to be a lot of connexion to the work we've done and quite a
> lot of overlap, and possibilities for collaboration.
>
> I wondered whether their Open Media Mentor, Hamish, might be the best
> person to make this connexion?
>
> http://springofcode.org/mentors

from looking at the list of participants, i think some of them have a
rather dubious history of involvement in political activism. for
example, if my memory serves me well, priorities seem to have been
rather more towards collaborating with mainstream media and/or the
police (e.g. sukey), as well as promoting online services like youtube
and twitter, rather than identifying with the kinds of projects that
ttfa aims to promote (independent, privacy aware web services).

i would be extremely cautious about working with them.

solidarity,

	--gdm

--
GPG: 5607 E4BC C6B6 90F4 5EBC  B348 D01B 9D77 912F 963C