[HacktionLab] instant messaging irc, pidgin, otr, xchat, wtf

Charlie Harvey charlie at newint.org
Wed Mar 14 18:40:43 UTC 2012

On 14/03/12 18:48, m3shrom wrote:

>> Not sure about mac but on windows there is another version, Xchat-2 or
>> similar, that does not have the 30 day trial thing.
>>

> that xchat 2 was last updated in 2009 :(
> i've put a link to kvirc for windows as it is gpl - has anyone tried it?
> but maybe pidgin is what we should recommend as we are recommending that
> for OTR?
>
> anyone tried this http://colloquy.info/ for mac?

Hi,

Had a colleague who used it. It was OK but he still ended up using irssi
on screen so that he could have a proper persistent session...

Cheers,

- --
Charlie Harvey
IT Manager
New Internationalist

t: +44 (0)1865 811402
f: +44 (0)1865 793152
w: http://www.newint.org/
k: http://bit.ly/gpgkey/

** We offer a range of design, production, editorial, publishing and
mail order services. See http://nin.tl/hire-ni **

New Internationalist is an independent not-for-profit communications
cooperative. Our multi-award winning magazine, New Internationalist,
brings to life the people, the ideas and the action in the fight for
global justice.

New Internationalist Publications Ltd. is incorporated in England
under no.1005239. Registered Office:
New Internationalist, 55 Rectory Road, Oxford,  OX4 1BW, UK