[HacktionLab] Report back from stall at Shared Planet last weekend

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 09:45:33 UTC 2012

Hi All,

The stall at Shared Planet went well.  Alan and I spent the best part of
two days sat there with TTFA booklets, Indymedia DVDs and other bits and
bobs available, including the hugely popular Oxford Indymedia stickers
we were giving away for free!

We took about £65, which will be deposited in HacktionLab's bank account
soon (promise ;)).

We had some good conversations with people who came past, and also I
think between ourselves.  We did come to the conclusion that the pitch
of TTFA was probably not quite right for the P&P crowd, although that's
not to say some weren't really interested and it wasn't worth while.

I think we both felt that if we (HacktionLab) were to do this event
again then it may be better to go for the more approachable Free
Software angle, be punting out Distro DVDs and doing some workshops
around the tools.

Personally, it was fun to visit Sheffield and get a bit of a feel for
what's going on there and thanks to the hospitality of Alan and John and
their taking me to get a tad drunk around the micro-brewery pubs of the
North.

w: http://mbharris.co.uk
t: +44 7811 671 893
0: http://mbharris.co.uk/keys/pgp.html