[HacktionLab] late homework - anyone speak Mediawiki?

Tom Lord toml at aptivate.org
Fri Oct 5 10:41:16 UTC 2012

> Do you have a domain name ?
>
> we should get a domain name, and set up a https certificate today
>
> how about
>
> msg2012.org ? then the site could be at wiki.msg2012.org ?

Good point, thanks - I forgot to say I have http://movementsupport.net -
with the intention of meaning 'network' rather than 'internet thing'
maybe this is a confusing name, so we can change it later if anyone
wants to take an active interest!

If it works out, it will probably go on longer than 2012...

I'm thinking that the fact that it is a wiki isn't really important. It
could change into something else if it turns out to have better features
or be more maintainable. It's a directory.

So... I'm not immediately keen on adding wiki or 2012 into the name,
just want to keep it fairly generic and memorable.  We could use this
wiki as either the main page or a sub-page of a general movement support
site, and e.g. also link to / redirect to the network23 call-out for
this gathering.

Some styling wouldn't go amiss!!! Especially if we end up with more than
one platform.

> the occupywiki.org.uk had openstreet maps working with mediawiki

I'm sure it's fairly easy - and the only reason it's using google maps
here is because that is the code I copied. It's definitely a proof of
concept, not a political statement at the moment. Can probably change it
in a few minutes if I knew what I was doing. If only I had a thousand
occupy technical folks camped out working on this... :-)

cheers,
Tom.