[HacktionLab] late homework - anyone speak Mediawiki?

Tom Lord toml at aptivate.org
Fri Oct 5 10:53:00 UTC 2012

On 05/10/12 11:49, Alan Dawson wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 11:41:16AM +0100, Tom Lord wrote:
>>> Do you have a domain name ?
>>>
>>> we should get a domain name, and set up a https certificate today
>>>
>>> how about
>>>
>>> msg2012.org ? then the site could be at wiki.msg2012.org ?
>>
>> Good point, thanks - I forgot to say I have
>> http://movementsupport.net - with the intention of meaning 'network'
>> rather than 'internet thing' maybe this is a confusing name, so we
>> can change it later if anyone wants to take an active interest!
>
> OK you've registered that with gandi..
>
> you can get a free 1 year x509 cert from them that will secure the site.
>
> We should not expect people to enter data into the site if there is no data security.
> Can you manage that, or do you need help there also.

Hi Alan, not sure what you mean - feel free to elaborate!

Just for info in case it's helpful - the site is intended for publicly
available info, not for storing trade secrets. I'm currently quite happy
for organisations I'm involved in to have their publicly available
details listed on it. Should I not be? Obviously if people think there
are security issues even with publicly available data than that would
mean they wouldn't want to use this, so I'd be really up for
understanding this.

cheers,
Tom.